Holidays always present a great opportunity for marketers to help their clients craft targeted campaigns to take full advantage of the gift-buying frenzy. Valentine’s Day is second only to Christmas when it comes to the most popular gift-giving days of the year, so don’t miss the chance to have your products or services front and center. Not to suggest that the whole concept of Valentine’s Day is just a big marketing scam. It really is THE day to celebrate love and that special someone (thought I better mention that).
According to Google, Valentine’s Day related searches have surged 35% over the same period last year. Specific search terms like jewelry (up 42%), gift ideas (up 28%) and flowers (up 18%) show that traditional gifts are still popular this Valentine’s. Other top Google search terms include valentine’s day meals, valentine’s day drinks and valentine’s day gift baskets.
And if your business sells any of the following specific items identified as trending on Google, you may want to consider upping your search engine marketing spend for the month.
* Romantic Getaways
And here’s some additional promotional ideas to kick start your Valentine’s Day Marketing Campaign.
* Have a special “bring in someone you love, and that person gets 50% off” offer.
* Give a small Valentine’s Day related gift to customers.
* Offer free chocolates or roses for every purchase of $50 or more.
* Offer free red and pink gift wrapping.
* Donate products or services to charity and include this info in customer e-blasts.
* Why not extend your Valentine’s Day promotion and start it in early February!